Which type of visa should I apply to study Chinese with Mandarin House?
A. We recommend you apply for the L visa (tourist visa) if you are staying for less than 3 months, or the X2 Visa (student visa) if you plan to stay for longer than 3 months. China’s visa policy is subject to change; please contact us before you come to China to explore your options if your visa doesn’t cover the length of your stay.
What about Money Issues?
A. China’s currency is the Renminbi (RMB) and there are many restrictions in trading it outside of China. It is recommended that currency exchange is done within China either in a bank or at the airport after arrival. MasterCard, Visa, Diners Club, JCB, and American Express are valid in major provincial cities.
Medical Insurance & Records
A. It is necessary to bring your medical insurance and medical records. The absence of your medical records could cause problems in the case of an emergency. A complete medical record should include your blood type, immunization record, allergies, medications you are currently taking both prescription and non-prescription, your doctor’s name, address, phone number, emergency contact name and phone number, and your insurance company’s name and phone number.
What else do I need to prepare?
A. Please prepare 2 two-inch color photos to apply for a Registration Form of Temporary Residence within 72 hours after you enter China. It is necessary to have a travel insurance policy and a good idea to keep photocopies of all your travel documents separate, just in case you lose the originals.

Quick Form

Please complete the quick form below, we will get back to you within 12 hours (working day).